Goodreads

Beast of Shadow

The True Hero Of Harry Potter


When the movies first came out, I was totally in love. I LOVED Harry Potter. The first, second and third movie were the best movies of my middle school-hood..Prisoner of Azkaban was my favorite. Then the Goblet of Fire released, and I wasn't impressed with the ending. Then after that, I hated the movies. They turned dark and depressing. It wasn't like the first year when Harry was learning about magic, and the wonders of everything. Also, I started to hate Harry.. So I boycotted watching the ending of the Harry Potter series. I didn't watch the last two movies, The Deathly Hallows 1 & 2, until recently. Frankly, I have to admit that I fell in love with them again. Even though Harry still wasn't my favorite character, the story came back to me as interesting... But upon the ending of the series, I realized that there was an unsung hero of the whole entire story line. Someone that this whole series couldn't have been done without.


But first, let's just touch on some awesome characters who deserve recognition. 

Sirius Black- He was my overall favorite character, and honestly I don't know why. I just loved everything about him, and how wonderful of a person he was. He sacrificed so much for the love of his friends and justice. Now who can't love a person like that?

Remus Lupin- First off, he's just plain amazing because he has to deal with being a werewolf. In the Harry Potter series, werewolves aren't the greatest looking things ever. So automatically he deserves a standing ovation. Still, he was a great, personal friend who showed Harry how to be sincere and loving when other's demanded violence and retaliation.

Now comes the ball dropper... Snape- Yes. It wasn't until the end when I realized just how great of a person he was, then instantly he became my absolute favorite character of the whole series. Why? Because not only had he done the most selfless act of all, by giving his life to protect Harry, he loved Harry more than anyone could have ever. Still I had some reservations about how he could have been a father to Harry because he needed one, but there were some outside forces that were affecting that. And yet I could go on and on about how much I love Snape, but frankly I don't have the time.




So, now you are wondering who could be the unsung hero of Harry Potter...





That's right. Lily Potter is the reason that Harry survived, and overcame Lord Voldemort. She was the one who gave her life, so that Voldemort couldn't touch Harry. She was the reason that he survived in the first place. Then her happy memory gave Harry the ability to create an intense charm that could fight off Dementors.. Now those are both some great things. But the most defining act she ever did was befriend Snape. Snape's love of Lily was the reason that Harry was able to live. Snape was the one who had helped Harry all those years, behind the scenes. His love of Lily kept his dedication to keeping Harry alive. Lily was the protector of Harry, even after the grave. Totally amazing, and the unsung hero of the Harry Potter series. 




Comments

Katya Owu said…
Awesome post! Alan Rickman is such a legend :D Hermione is my all time favourite character, I just love her :)
Unknown said…
Alan Rickman was a great actor, perfect for the role of Snape. I'm in love with Emma Watson too. She is awesome, a really great woman. I think all the actors fit their roles to perfection.
NatashaTing said…
I agree with the Snape part. And no, I haven't watched the movies from the 4th one on. But I read the books at least 3 times each!

ps. your background music is amazing.

Popular Posts