Goodreads

Beast of Shadow

The Writing Lull

So back around the time I first published my novel, The Untold Story of Shirley Holmes, I was a whirlwind of writing power; so many ideas and plots burst into my head. As always, a young author tends to be a little over ambitious at times, and I stretched myself super thinly on many different kinds of projects. Top that off with being a mother and wife, and a lover of many other fine hobbies, I found myself flooded with writing that needed attention, novels that needed edited, characters that needed stronger qualities. Just a literal mess of writing, that I had wrote myself into.

Then summer came. The sun poked out from the clouds, snow melted. I felt the urge to run in the great out doors, gain some vitamin D. OK- I live in the Mid West, this is weather you take while you can get it.

Now three months later, school is starting up again. Though the weather is still pretty pleasant, I am trying to find the itch to write again. I've lost it. Motivation, passion, everything. I've lost it. My writing skill. My fairy writing mother took her magic wand away! I've had to forcefully take charge and hire out some people to become proofreaders and editors for my lost projects. Thankfully that doesn't require all that much from me inspiration wise, but it's still a big step. Some life needs to be breathed back into those works in progress that are so precious to my heart; I'm just sick of thinking about them in this moment. I've even started (yet) another writing project, a novel, that has really just inspired me-here and there. I'm trying to take my time, think out a good plot, develop a strong character and have every step analyzed by some readers so that I can make sure the novel is flowing correctly.

To clarify, this is NOTHING like what I was before. You couldn't keep me away from my other stories, I just loved them so much. Now, I feel like the idea is just a struggle to even think about. It's like I'm sick of them. So, yes, I started another novel to ease out some writing kinks. I'm just praying that I get inspiration in me once the frost sets in the ground and I'm truly stuck inside.

There is still lots to come from my fingers before I give up, but right now, family is just taking up most of my mind right now. And I think I'm alright with that, as long as I try to give writing a shot a little bit at a time, I'll be fine!






Expecting another child is hard work, hence the delay in my writing. Though I hope to bring it hard before I welcome another little arrival this winter. However I don't plan on slowing down, as I have much more coming!


Stay Tuned!

Comments

Popular Posts