Goodreads

Beast of Shadow

Sherlock Hits Saint Louis!

Long ago, a deep love of Sherlock Holmes was placed in my heart, just a tiny seed. It grew over time, getting larger and larger. Now at the ripe age of twenty, my love for Sherlock Holmes and Watson borders on obsessive. Many people would say, "Duh. You wrote a book about him." Yes, yes that's quite obvious but Shirley was long in my imagination before I published that novel.

Shirley Holmes was formed as an extension of Sherlock nearly six years ago, by a high school freshman's mind. Writing her story was a pet project to help me keep my sanity through the times. So slowly her life unfolded on the pages that I jotted chapters in every so often over the course of three years. There would be times where I wouldn't write in it for months, but when I'd pick up that pen, I'd write for hours at a time. The idea to publish her story hadn't crossed my mind until about two years ago when my fiance encouraged me to take it up as a goal. So, that's basically where my time was put into when I wasn't attending to my newborn son. If you were to ask him how many nights I stayed up late typing in that book, the answer would be staggering. Sherlock Holmes' life became an obsession, but more so a dedication. But before all of this, Shirley was just a tiny idea while I dove into a large book that outlines the life of the most famous detective the world has ever known: Sherlock.

My lovely grandma was excited to be seeing the exhibit of the man that
inspired me to write a story. She was very proud.
So now, fast forward, I have just published my first novel, The Untold Story of Shirley Holmes. Life has been good since then. I've been so proud of my work, and the life I've been living since then. But when I drove through Saint Louis, on the way to see my numerous relations in Southern Illinois, my heart nearly stopped. "International Sherlock Holmes exhibit" was featured at the Saint Louis Science Center. Literally my joy could not be contained. I needed to go see that! And because of how amazing my family is, I was able to go check it out with my grandmother and fiance along with my year old son. Yay me!





Comments

Popular Posts