Goodreads

Beast of Shadow

Together is happiness.... Together is death


As I promised, I would be giving an inside look at the CONTENT of my next upcoming novel! 





Introduction:

"I stare at the empty narrow halls of the lonely old museum that my parents insist I call home. My fingers could touch any item in this entire house and leave a long streak in the dust. Apparently, my great grandfather was an important discoverer of ancient items in foreign countries so my family must hold onto the items he uncovered as a sort of family heirloom...I never understood their fascination with things that happened in the past; the future seems to be more important. A person cannot control what happened in the past so the future holds the only chance a person has at being in control. I like to have hold of what I have so the future seems to be the most appealing of the options...This house is like a tomb. It holds old things that haven’t moved in years yet people feel the need to admire. It’s like they want to taste the old days where this stuff actually mattered yet they drive BMW’s along with name brand clothing. Historians are the world’s biggest hypocrites. Holding onto what has past has hardly ever done this world any good. One day this place will just be a pile of rubble and I’ll be glad to be rid of it. The memories of this big hump will fade as everything decays right into the ground. I’m better than this place; one day I’ll prove it."






Maybe Just A Little Bit More:

"As if my mind wanted to hear the words said out loud for me to actually believe that they were true. Desire for him fills my heart yet my head cannot accept this truth. "Like my head isn’t ever my own. I feel feelings with you that makes me lose control over my mind…like I’ll never be free of you…Oh! Never mind. I just can't do this," I hear my voice say with a quiver. I don't know why I am pushing him away. The complete opposite is the truth. I don't understand why I am being so stubborn and acting confused. I want to be close to him; it felt nice to connect with another person like him. But after a life with my parents, I know that people are disappointing. A constant let down. I can't put myself into a person that isn't secured there. That’s be like placing faith into a rotten wood bridge to hold your weight; completely ridiculous for someone of my age!" 



Soon: I will be releasing the name and cover of this novel! Can't wait?? Neither can I

Want to know more? Email me HERE


Comments

Popular Posts